By public transport
Traffic will be heavy in the area while event road closures and detours are in place so participants are encouraged to catch public transport to avoid delays arriving at the start line.
- The closest train station to the start line is Sutherland on the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line. The start line on Flora Street is a short 5 minute walk from the station.
- If you’re coming from the city you’ll need to catch a T8 Airport & South Line train to Wolli Creek then change for a T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line service to Sutherland. Trackwork is affecting some lines on the weekend of the event, check transportnsw.info for more details.
- Special event shuttle buses will run regularly between Cronulla High School and the start line in Sutherland from 6:30am until 7:15am. You will need to purchase a ticket when boarding the bus. One-way single tickets cost $5.00 per person (cash only).
- After the race, shuttle buses back to Sutherland will leave from Cronulla High School from around 9:30am until 11am.
Please note: Opal cards are not accepted on event shuttle buses.
The event will start at 8am on Flora St, Sutherland, continuing onto Clements Pde, left to Hotham Rd and right onto the Kingsway to use the eastbound lanes of the Kingsway to finish at Don Lucas Reserve Cronulla.
Anyone planning on driving to and from the event is reminded that road closures will be in place for the safety of participants.
Roads around the start area in Sutherland begin closing at 5.30am and remain closed until approximately 9.15am. Roads along the course continue to close from 7am with all closures in place by 8.20am. Roads will begin to reopen from 8.30am in Sutherland, with all roads reopened by 10.30am.
KEY ROAD CLOSURES:
- Sutherland from 5.30am: Flora Street and Acacia Road.
- Gymea to Cronulla from 7.30am: Between 7.30am and 10.30am the eastbound lanes of the Kingsway between Princes Hwy at Gymea and Elouera Rd at Cronulla will be closed. A section of the Kingsway will be closed in both directions between Gymea Bay Rd and the Princes Hwy St from 7.50am to 8.50am. The eastbound lanes will reopen progressively from 8.50am as the runners make their way along the course.
Note: The Kingsway westbound lanes remain open with a reduced speed limit of 40km/h enforced from 7am. Delays are expected on the westbound lanes so motorists are encouraged to use President Ave instead.
- Kirrawee from 7.30am: Bath Road South, Clements Parade and Oak Road.
- Caringbah from 7.30am: Banksia Road, Denman Avenue and Yathong Road.
- Miranda / Caringbah from 8am: southbound lanes of Kiora Road, Port Hacking Road and Taren Point Road.
- Woolooware from 7.30am: Dolans Road, Fowler Street and Hughes Street.
- Cronulla from 5.30am: Mitchell Road, Elouera Road and Prince Street.
For full road closure details and times including individual sector maps, visit livetraffic.com.
Due to the closure of Elouera Rd, motorists will not be able to travel between North and South Cronulla between 8.20am and 10.15am.
- Access to North Cronulla is via The Boulevarde and Captain Cook Dr.
- Access to South Cronulla is via President Ave and Burraneer Bay Rd.
Motorists will still be able to cross the Kingsway at various points before and after runners pass major intersections at Gymea Bay Rd, Sylvania Rd, Wandella Rd, Kiora Rd, Kareena Rd, Taren Point Rd, Gannons Rd and Elouera Rd.
- Gymea Bay Rd before 7:50am and after 8:50am
- Sylvania Rd before 7.50am and after 9am
- Wandella Rd before 7:50am and after 9:10am
- Kiora Rd before 8am and after 9:20am
- Kareena Rd and Taren Point Rd before 8am and after 9:40am
- Taren Point Rd before 8am and after 9.40am
- Gannons Rd before 8:10am and after 9:55am
- Elouera Rd before 8:20am and after 10:15am
For full road closure details and times including maps, visit livetraffic.com.
There is no dedicated parking area for the event.
Special event clearway parking restrictions will not be in place, however, vehicles parked along the route cannot be moved while the event is underway.
Greenhills car park in Cronulla will also be closed from 2pm on Saturday 20 July until 12pm midday Sunday 21 July to accommodate the event finish line.