Am I allowed to set up a marquee within the finish area for participants taking part in the event?
Groups and organisations are not allowed to create or form a dedicated space within the Don Lucas Reserve for their group to congregate unless approved by S2S Organisers prior to the event. If a group is seen within the event site without an official event permit they will be asked by event organisers and security to leave the event site. If you would like to enquire about an allocated space within the finishing area for event day please email email@example.com.
Are there any toilets on the course?
Yes. There are toilets at the start line, finish line and approximately at the half way point of the course.
Are you an elite runner?
On the online entry form, please check the Are you an Elite Runner? checkbox.
Males (Sub 36 mins)
Females (Sub 40 mins)
You will be contacted to provide proof of past events and times by the Tradies S2S committee.
Can a friend collect my timing race bib for me?
Yes they can. Please refer to “How to get my Race BIB Tag” page for bib mailing dates and in person collection details.
Can I change my details/team?
If you need to change your details for your registration or make a change to your team selection, please call us at the Wanda Surf Life Saving Club on 9523 4343 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you would like to change from and to. We can do it for you!
Can I change my team?
If you want to swap teams or join a team after you have registered, please call us at the Wanda Surf Life Saving Club on 9523 4343 or send us an email to email@example.com and let us know what you would like to change from and to. We can do it for you!
Can I enter riding any of the following?
No – bicycles, geared vehicles, scooters, hand cycles, skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, drones or other accessories that may cause injury will NOT be permitted at the event.
Can I participate in a wheelchair?
Absolutely. Wheelchairs are allowed in the race. Please email us before race day so we can share more detailed information with you about our course and what to expect on the day.
Can I push a pram in the race?
Yes, Prams/strollers are permitted. We ask that you start at the back of the race
We need the prams behind the runners at the start line for safety reasons. You will also need to register your child as Under 5 for insurance purposes. Your child will also receive a race bib which you can pin onto the pram.
Can I run with earphones?
No earphones or other accessories which impair hearing or awareness of surroundings will be permitted at the event. We want you to be able to hear the crowd and fully soak up the atmosphere of our great event. Plus, we need you to be able to hear important public announcements.
Can I run with my dog?
Unfortunately not. We love our furry friends and we don’t want them to be stressed or hurt. So, for safety reasons, please leave them at home as you will not be able enter the race with your pet.
Can you post my timing race bib to me?
Yes we can. Please refer to “How to get my Race BIB Tag” page for bib mailing dates and in person collection details.
- Companions please contact the Wanda SLSC office on 9523 4343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information
Tradies Sutherland 2 Surf starts in Flora Street Sutherland, between Merton and Belmont Streets and finishes at Don Lucas Reservice, Cronulla.
Do I get anything for finishing?
Yes you do! There is a commemorative medal to all finishers of the event. Perfect for showing off to your family and your work colleagues on Monday morning! Finisher medals will be available for you to collect after you cross the finish line.
Do you have an early bird rate?
Our early bird rate closed on Monday 21st June 2021
Please refer to our how to enter page for registration details.
Do you have drink stations on the course?
Yes, there are 3 drink stations on the course and one at the finish line. They will be manned by our friendly volunteers and operated in accordance with COVID safe best practices.
Do you have results from previous year’s races?
- Finishing results will be posted on the race website and major places will also be published in the St George and Sutherland Shire Leader.
- Please refer to the results page on the S2S website for details of our past events.
You can download your finishers certificate from the results section of this website.
S2S is the major fundraising activity for Wanda SLSC. Each year the S2S raises valuable funds for the purchase of vital life saving equipment – rescue tubes, inflatable rescue boats and engines, fuel, rescue boards, training, and many more services and equipment. This enables Wanda SLSC to attract, train and retain lifesavers to patrol Wanda Beach, keeping our community safe.
How do I add a team name?
Join in the competitive fun and register in a TEAM.
ADD a Team Name:
In the Team (Optional) Section
Select your Team from List: Choose – I will add my own team name –
Or Add your Team Name: Type in the title of your Team Name
Team Type: Select one of the following categories for your team:
Tradies School Teams Challenge – for all school Teams
F45 Gym P/T Team Challenge – for all Teams entering via a gym, fitness centre or with personal trainers
Corporate Team Challenge – for all Teams in the Corporate industry
Runners Team Challenge sponsored by Veolia – for all others who want to run as a team
Civic Disability Services – All Abilities Category
How do I enter Tradies S2S
Click here to find out how you can enter online.
How do I wear the timing race bib tag?
Your timing device for the 2021 Tradies Sutherland2Surf will be a single use Bib Tag.
In order to receive an accurate time, please make sure your bib is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Unaltered and unmodified – please do not fold, bend or wrinkle your bib
- Not covered eg. by a jumper or jacket
- Completed with an Emergency contact mobile number on the back.
Click here to watch the instructional video on how to wear your Race Bib Tag.
Is there a cut off time for participants?
Yes, there are rolling road openings throughout the course and should your progress fall behind road re-opening times, you will be directed by race officials or police to complete the course from the safety of the footpath.
Is there a preferred start group?
In order to comply with our COVID safe plan, we will be introducing a rolling start. We are asking runners to self-seed, with the fastest runners at the front. With this in mind, please be honest and self-seed at the start line as you see fit. If you need help please contact one our marshals.
Is there baggage collection?
To reduce touch points there will be NO baggage services available this year. We encourage you to limit personal items and carry necessary items on you. Please plan accordingly.
Late entries and bib collection
Online registrations close midnight Wednesday 25 August 2021. Register online here.
Late entries and race bib collection can be done in person on Saturday 28 August 2021 @ 2 locations:
Wanda Surf Life Saving Club
9:00am – 5:00pm
2 Marine Esplanade, Cronulla
10:00am – 2:00pm
57 Manchester Road, North Gymea
There will be NO late entries on race day. Please note, details are subject to change.
For your safety, all race rules are enforceable. Non-compliance will result in instant disqualification.
- You must wear your own allocated chest bib tag; they are not transferable. Please be careful if running with others that you do not mix up your bib tag or lose or forget your bib tag on race morning there will be a limited amount of replacements at late entries for a fee of $20.00.
- There will be a “mat” timing both the start and finish, allowing for you to have an accurate net time. However as in accordance with IAAF rules all prizes will be based on the “gun” time. Remember, you will be receiving a net time and therefore, we would ask you to be patient, as it may take a minute for you to cross the start line. At the finish line you must cross the timing mats to ensure a time.
- Past the finish line – keep moving into the recovery area.
- The organiser reserves the right to reject or cancel any entry in the race at any time.
- Police requirements are that competitors stay in the left nearside lane along the route, and walkers are not to impede runners if overtaking. Traffic signals and directions must be obeyed unless otherwise directed by Police or Race Officials.
- No bikes, roller skates, scooters, skateboards or dogs allowed.
- Due to a Police requirement, all runners as they come out of Hotham Parade to turn into the Kingsway (at Gymea Tech) must immediately go to the left hand side of the Kingsway and keep on the left hand side all the way to the North Cronulla Hotel.
- Please consider the environment and use bins to dispose of any litter.
- Click here to view the full terms and conditions.
There is no dedicated parking area for the event.
Special event clearway parking restrictions will not be in place, however, vehicles parked along the route cannot be moved while the event is underway.
Greenhills car park in Cronulla will also be closed from 4:00pm on Saturday 28 August until 12:00pm midday Sunday 29 August to accommodate the event finish line.
Civic Disability will be providing a support bus for those who need help making it to the finishing line. The bus will fall in behind runners from Miranda Park.
Transport including road closures
Traffic will be heavy in the area while event road closures and detours are in place so participants are encouraged to plan ahead and consider all the available travel options including public transport, taxi, rideshare, getting dropped off at the start/finish line or walking for shorter trips to and from the event.
When catching public transport, plan ahead at transportnsw.info and allow extra time.
Remember you’ll need to use an Opal card or contactless payment card/device when travelling on public transport to and from the event. Register your details via the Opal website or app ahead of time. It’s strongly recommended to wear a face mask when travelling on transport services.
- The closest train station to the start line is Sutherland on the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line. The start line on Flora Street is a short 5-minute walk from the station.
- If you’re coming from the city you’ll need to catch a T8 Airport & South Line train to Wolli Creek then change for a T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line service to Sutherland due to trackwork. Check transportnsw.info for more details and trackwork info.
Special Shuttle Buses
- Buses to Sutherland (Cnr Stapleton Ave & Belmont Street) will depart from Cronulla High School (Cnr Captain Cook Drive & Bate Bay Road).
- Buses will start running from 5:45am with the last bus leaving at 7:00am sharp.
- Cronulla to Sutherland service will recommence at 9:00am and running until 11:30am.
- Cost is $5.00 – cash or EFTPOS. Unfortunately, Opal Cards cannot be used.
- Road closures will be in place at the following locations;
- Sutherland from 5am: sections of Flora St and Acacia Rd.
- Gymea to Cronulla from 7am to 10.30am: the eastbound lanes of the Kingsway will be closed from the Princes Hwy to Elouera Rd, and will progressively reopen from 8.50am. The speed limit will be reduced to 40km/h on the Kingsway westbound lanes from 7am, delays are expected.
- Motorists travelling north of the Kingsway should use The Boulevarde/Captain Cook Dr. Motorists travelling south of the Kingsway should use President Ave.
- Kirrawee from 7am: Bath Rd South, Clements Pde and Oak Rd. The Kingsway will be closed in both directions between Talara Rd and the Princes Hwy from 7.20am to 8.50am.
- Caringbah from 7am: Banksia Rd, Denman Ave and Yathong Rd.
- Miranda / Caringbah from 7:30am: southbound lanes of Kiora Rd, Port Hacking Rd and Taren Point Rd.
- Woolooware from 7am: Dolans Rd, Fowler St and Hughes St.
- Road closure map
- For more details on roads closures and maps, including real-time traffic updates on event day, visit livetraffic.com
- There is no dedicated parking area for the event.
- Special event clearway parking restrictions will not be in place, however, vehicles parked along the route cannot be moved while the event is underway.
- Greenhills car park in Cronulla will also be closed from 4:00pm on Saturday 28 August until 12:00pm midday Sunday 29 August to accommodate the event finish line.
What time does the race start?
Start time is 7:30am sharp. Please arrive at least 15 mins prior to start time.
When do entries close?
Click here to find out how you can enter online
Will there be late entries on race day?
NO, there are no late entries on race day.
Will you have safety pins to secure my bib?
Yes, safety pins are available when you pick up your race bib. However, feel free to use your own clips, race belt or bring your own pins.
It’s probably worth pinning your bib onto your shirt the night before the race so you can post a selfie on Facebook about the great event you are going to run the next day!
Check out the instructional video here.
Will medical support be available on the course?
First Aid teams will be located along the course at various locations as well as mobile St John’s First Aid and NSW Ambulance services. If you are feeling unwell, please report to the nearest official or medical personnel as soon as possible. If you see any fellow participant/s in distress, please report the incident to the nearest course official Medical team member. If it is an emergency, please dial ‘000’ and report the exact location of the incident.
What if I have to pull out of the race?
In the event you are not able to finish the race then please let one of our officials know and provide them with your bib number. We need to know that you are safe and will be looked after.
When will race results be made available?
Your results are available in real time. Your finish times, both gun and net time with a race time certificate for download. As you finish – your results are there.
Visit the Results section on our website
Will there be food and drinks for sale?
There will be food and drink for sale at the finish line. So make sure you tuck you card in your sock or have your banking on your phone or watch.
What is my official race time – gun or net time?
There will be a “mat” timing both the start and finish, allowing for you to have an accurate net time. However as in accordance with IAAF rules all prizes will be based on the “gun” time. Remember, you will be receiving a net time and therefore, we would ask you to be patient, as it may take a minute for you to cross the start line. At the finish line you must cross the timing mats to ensure a time.
All placings and prize money are based on gun time. For your personal reference we will also able to provide with your net time, which is based on the time that you actually cross the timing mat.
What happens if the event is cancelled?
Please refer to our terms and conditions