Are there any toilets on the course?
Yes. There are toilets at the start line, finish line and approximately at the half way point of the course.
Are you an elite runner?
On the online entry form, please check the Are you an Elite Runner? checkbox.
Males (Sub 36 mins)
Females (Sub 40 mins)
You will be contacted to provide proof of past events and times by the Tradies S2S committee.
Can a friend collect my timing race bib for me?
Yes they can. Please refer to “How to get my Race BIB Tag” page for bib mailing dates and in-person collection details.
Can I change my details/team?
If you need to change your details for your registration or make a change to your team selection, please call us at the Wanda Surf Life Saving Club on 9523 4343 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know what you would like to change from and to. We can do it for you!
Can I change my team?
If you want to swap teams or join a team after you have registered, please call us at the Wanda Surf Life Saving Club on 9523 4343 or send us an email to email@example.com and let us know what you would like to change from and to. We can do it for you!
Can I enter riding any of the following?
No – bicycles, geared vehicles, scooters, hand cycles, skateboards, roller blades, roller skates, drones or other accessories that may cause injury will NOT be permitted at the event.
Can I participate in a wheelchair?
Yes, wheelchair entry is available but must be entered prior to 30 June 2023 so we can organise more detailed information about the course and what to expect on the day.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information if you wish to enter.
Can I push a pram in the race?
Yes, Prams/strollers are permitted. We ask that you start at the back of the race
We need the prams behind the runners at the start line for safety reasons. You will also need to register your child as Under 5 for insurance purposes. Your child will also receive a race bib which you can pin onto the pram.
Can I run with earphones?
No earphones or other accessories which impair hearing or awareness of surroundings will be permitted at the event. We want you to be able to hear the crowd and fully soak up the atmosphere of our great event. Plus, we need you to be able to hear important public announcements.
Can I run with my dog?
Unfortunately not. We love our furry friends and we don’t want them to be stressed or hurt. So, for safety reasons, please leave them at home as you will not be able enter the race with your pet.
Can you post my timing race bib to me?
Please refer to “How to get my Race BIB Tag” page for bib mailing dates and in person collection details.
- Companions please contact the Wanda SLSC office on 9523 4343 or email email@example.com for further information.
Tradies Sutherland 2 Surf starts in Flora Street Sutherland, between Merton and Belmont Streets and finishes at Don Lucas Reserve, Cronulla – that’s 11kms.
Distance of the Sutherland 2 Surf
The Tradies Sutherland 2 Surf is an 11km fun run and walk
Do I get anything for finishing?
Yes you do! There is a commemorative medal to all finishers of the event. Perfect for showing off to your family and your work colleagues on Monday morning! Finisher medals will be available for you to collect after you cross the finish line.
Do you have an early bird rate?
Our early bird rate closed on Monday 19 June 2023.
Please refer to our how to enter page for all registration details.
Do you have drink stations on the course?
Yes, there are 3 drink stations on the course and one at the finish line. They will be manned by our friendly volunteers and we encourage you to bring your own recyclable/refillable water bottle.
You can download your finishers certificate from the results section of this website on race day.
S2S is the major fundraising activity for Wanda SLSC. Each year the S2S raises valuable funds for the purchase of vital lifesaving equipment – rescue tubes, inflatable rescue boats and engines, fuel, rescue boards, training, and many more services and equipment. This enables Wanda SLSC to attract, train and retain lifesavers to patrol Wanda Beach, keeping our community safe. Visit https://www.wandasurfclub.com/support-us/ to find out how you can help.
How do I add a team name?
Join in the competitive fun and register in a TEAM.
ADD a Team Name:
In the Team (Optional) Section
Select your Team from List: Choose – I will add my own team name –
Or Add your Team Name: Type in the title of your Team Name
Team Type: Select one of the following categories for your team:
Tradies School Teams Challenge – for all school Teams
Gym P/T Team Challenge – for all Teams entering via a gym, fitness centre or with personal trainers
Corporate Team Challenge – for all Teams in the Corporate industry
Runners Team Challenge – for all others who want to run as a team
Civic Disability Services – for all Civic Disability Services team members, employees, family and friends
How do I enter Tradies S2S
IT’S NOT TOO LATE TO ENTER
Visit our How to Enter page for details on rates, late entries and bib delivery or collection.
How do I share the event with my team?
How do I wear the timing race bib tag?
Your timing device for the 2023 Tradies Sutherland 2 Surf will be a single use Bib Tag.
In order to receive an accurate time, please make sure your bib is:
- Clearly visible on the front of the torso – attach with 4 x safety pins (not supplied with bib)
- Unaltered and unmodified – please do not fold, bend or wrinkle your bib
- Not covered eg. by a jumper or jacket
- Completed with an Emergency contact mobile number on the back.
Click here to watch the instructional video on how to wear your Race Bib Tag.
I didn't get a receipt?
Tax receipts and your e-ticket will be sent to the email address you entered when you registered.
It may land in your spam/junk or other folder.
If you still cannot find it, please give us a call on 95234343 or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The transaction will appear on your credit card statement as “ONLINE ENTRY CRONULLA”
I can't find my race bib?
If your dog ate your race bib or you just can’t find it, you are welcome to come and collect a new bib on Saturday 15 July at Wanda Surf Life Saving Club between 9am to 5pm or on Race Day 16 July from 6:00am–7:15am at The Sutherland Multi Purpose Centre at 123 Flora Street – near the start line. It will set you back $20 though.
Is there a cut off time for participants?
Yes, there are rolling road openings throughout the course and should your progress fall behind road re-opening times, you will be directed by race officials or police to complete the course from the safety of the footpath.
Is there a preferred start group?
We are asking runners to self-seed, with the fastest runners at the front. With this in mind, please be honest and self-seed at the start line as you see fit. If you need help, please make contact with one of our marshals at the start line.
Is there baggage collection?
- Clothing transport. All care and no responsibility will be taken in the baggage area, we advise entrants not to leave valuables including wallets, phones and keys.
Clothing Truck locations:
Start Area – In the carpark adjacent to the start line.
Note: Clothing truck leaves at 7.15am to transport to Finish.
Finish Area – Don Lucas Reserve
– You will be given a small bag at the baggage area.
– Tear the clothing tag from your race number and fix around the bag provided.
– Individual items only may be placed within the bag eg t-shirts, jumpers, gloves.
– No personal bags of any description (backpacks, purses, handbags) will be accepted.
– Show your bib when leaving your bag with the baggage volunteers.
– After your run, you will be asked again to show your bib to collect your bag.
Please note: To avoid delays, please do not bring backpacks or large bags to the event. This year, NSW Police may conduct searches of bags and items left in the Clothing/Bag Drop area. Apologies for the inconvenience.
- Late entries can be done on Saturday 15 July at Wanda Surf Life Saving Club between 9am and 5pm or at Tradies Gymea between 10am and 2pm.
- Late entries will be available on race day Sunday 16 July, between 6:00am and 7:15am at The Sutherland Multi Purpose Centre at 123 Flora Street – near the start line. A late fee will apply on race day.
There is no dedicated parking area for the event.
Special event clearway parking restrictions will not be in place, however, vehicles parked along the route cannot be moved while the event is underway.
Don Lucas Reserve car park in Cronulla will also be closed from 2:00pm on Saturday 15 July until 12:00pm midday Sunday 16 July to accommodate the event finish line.
Scroll down for information on Transport and Road Closures.
For your safety, all race rules are enforceable. Non-compliance will result in instant disqualification.
- You must wear your own allocated chest bib tag; they are not transferable. Please be careful if running with others that you do not mix up your bib tag or lose or forget your bib tag on race morning there will be a limited amount of replacements at late entries for a fee of $20.00.
- There will be a “mat” timing both the start and finish, allowing for you to have an accurate net time. However as in accordance with IAAF rules all prizes will be based on the “gun” time. Remember, you will be receiving a net time and therefore, we would ask you to be patient, as it may take a minute for you to cross the start line. At the finish line you must cross the timing mats to ensure a time.
- Past the finish line – keep moving into the recovery area.
- The organiser reserves the right to reject or cancel any entry in the race at any time.
- Police requirements are that competitors stay in the left nearside lane along the route, and walkers are not to impede runners if overtaking. Traffic signals and directions must be obeyed unless otherwise directed by Police or Race Officials.
- No bikes, roller skates, scooters, skateboards or dogs allowed.
- Due to a Police requirement, all runners as they come out of Hotham Parade to turn into the Kingsway (at Gymea Tech) must immediately go to the left hand side of the Kingsway and keep on the left hand side all the way to the North Cronulla Hotel.
- Please consider the environment and use bins to dispose of any litter.
- Click here to view the full terms and conditions.
Civic Disability Services will be providing a support bus for those who need help making it to the finishing line. The bus will fall in behind runners from Miranda Park.
Transport & Road Closures
Transport including road closures
Traffic will be heavy in the area while event road closures and detours are in place so participants are encouraged to plan ahead and consider all the available travel options including public transport, taxi, rideshare, getting dropped off at the start/finish line or walking for shorter trips to and from the event.
When catching public transport, plan ahead at transportnsw.info and allow extra time.
You’ll need to use an Opal card or contactless payment card/device when travelling on public transport to and from the event. Register your details online at Opal or via the Opal Travel app ahead of time.
- The closest train station to the start line is Sutherland on the T4 Eastern Suburbs & Illawarra Line. The start line on Flora Street is a short 5-minute walk from the station.
- Plan your trip at transportnsw.info.
Special Shuttle Buses
- Buses to Sutherland (Cnr Stapleton Ave & Belmont Street) will depart from Cronulla High School (Cnr Captain Cook Drive & Bate Bay Road) every 15 minutes.
- Buses will start running from 6:00am with the last bus leaving at 6:45am sharp.
- Cronulla to Sutherland service will recommence at 9:00am running every 30 minutes until 11:30am.
- Cost is $5.00 – cash or EFTPOS. Unfortunately, Opal Cards cannot be used.
Regular Bus Services
- Buses will run to a regular Sunday timetable. A number of bus services make stops near the start line on Flora Street and will leave from the finish line in Cronulla. Plan your trip by bus using the Trip Planner.
- While roads are closed for the event buses will be diverting from their regular routes and using temporary stops. Plan your trip at transportnsw.info.
If you’re planning on driving, plan ahead and allow extra travel time as road closures will be in place for the event.
Roads around the start line will close from 5am. Major roads along the event route, including the Kingsway, will start closing from 7:00am and progressively reopen in an eastbound direction from 8:20am as participants move along the course. Motorists will be able to cross the Kingsway at various crossover points as the road reopens. All roads will be reopened by 10:30am.
Key Road Closures
- Sutherland from 5am: sections of Flora Street and Acacia Road.
- Gymea to Cronulla from 7am to 10am: the eastbound lanes of the Kingsway will be closed from the Princes Highway to Elouera Road and will progressively reopen from 8:20am. A reduced speed limit of 40km/h will be in place in the westbound lanes of the Kingsway from 7am and delays are expected. Motorists travelling north of the Kingsway should use The Boulevarde/Captain Cook Drive. Motorists travelling south of the Kingsway should use President Avenue.
- Kirrawee from 7am: Bath Road South, Clements Parade, Flora Street and Oak Road.
- Gymea from 7am to 8:20am: Hotham Road. From 7:20am the Kingsway westbound lanes will be closed between Talara Road and the Princes Highway, and the northbound lanes of Talaea Road will be closed between Warburton Street and the Kingsway.
- Miranda from 7am: Central Road, southbound lanes of Kiora Road, eastbound lanes of Port Hacking Road.
- Caringbah from 7am: Banksia Road, Denman Avenue, Yathong Road, Taren Point Road and Gannons Road.
- Woolooware from 7am: Dolans Road, Fowler Street and Hughes Street.
- Cronulla from 5am: Mitchell Road, Elouera Road and Prince Street.
- Road Closure Map
- For more details on roads closures and maps, including real-time traffic updates on event day, visit livetraffic.com.
- There is no dedicated parking area for the event.
- Special event clearway parking restrictions will not be in place, however, vehicles parked along the route cannot be moved while the event is underway.
- Don Lucas Reserve car park in Cronulla will also be closed from 2pm on Saturday 15 July until midday Sunday 16 July to accommodate the event finish line.
What time does the race start?
Start time is 7:30am sharp. Please arrive at least 15 mins prior to start time.
When do entries close?
Visit our How to Enter page for details on rates, late entries and bib postage/delivery.
Where do I find results for the race?
- Finishing results will be posted on the race website and major places will also be published in the St George and Sutherland Shire Leader.
- Please refer to the results page on the S2S website for details of our past events and of course the 2023 results post-race.
Will you have safety pins to secure my bib?
Yes, safety pins are available when you pick up your race bib. However, feel free to use your own clips, race belt or bring your own pins.
It’s probably worth pinning your bib onto your shirt the night before the race so you can post a selfie on Facebook about the great event you are going to run the next day!
Check out the instructional video here.
Will medical support be available on the course?
First Aid teams will be located along the course at various locations as well as mobile St John’s First Aid and NSW Ambulance services. If you are feeling unwell, please report to the nearest official or medical personnel as soon as possible. If you see any fellow participant/s in distress, please report the incident to the nearest course official Medical team member. If it is an emergency, please dial ‘000’ and report the exact location of the incident.
What if I have to pull out of the race?
In the event you are not able to finish the race then please let one of our officials know and provide them with your bib number. We need to know that you are safe and will be looked after.
When will race results be made available?
Your results are available in real time. Your finish times, both gun and net time with a race time certificate for download. As you finish – your results are there.
Visit the Results section on our website
Will there be food and drinks for sale?
There will be food and drink for sale at the finish line. So make sure you tuck your card in your sock or have your banking on your phone or watch.
What is my official race time – gun or net time?
There will be a “mat” timing both the start and finish, allowing for you to have an accurate net time. However as in accordance with IAAF rules all prizes will be based on the “gun” time. Remember, you will be receiving a net time and therefore, we would ask you to be patient, as it may take a minute for you to cross the start line. At the finish line you must cross the timing mats to ensure a time.
All placings and prize money are based on gun time. For your personal reference we will also able to provide with your net time, which is based on the time that you actually cross the timing mat.
What happens if the event is cancelled?
Please refer to our terms and conditions